Sunday, November 14, 2010

More Certification

100630_civil3d


Well, since Autodesk is offering free exams I might as well take them up on the offer.

The free event was really only useful for my missing AutoCAD 2011 Professional and my Civil 3D 2011 upgrade. So, here are my issues.

The AutoCAD 2011 Professional was far far far too easy. The range of expertise that it examined was too limited and the time allotted to finish the tasks was too generous. If I've not used AutoCAD regularly at work for 4 years (and that was AutoCAD 2004) then I shouldn't be getting 90% in less then half of the allowable time. Worse still, many of those around me were failing and\or running out of time.

And as for the Civil 3D Associates, I do not see how having the 2010 Professional means that I do not have to pass the 2011 Professional to get credit for it, especially as the 2011 Civil Associate has been made so much less difficult. Whereas last years Associate exam was difficult for me, (not using the product regularly) I felt it was fair, now I can pass the 2011 (still not using the product regularly) I can pass with ease with 90% in 1/3 of the allowable time. Does not seem right.

Still.

Autodesk Business Card

No comments:

Post a Comment