Saturday, February 27, 2010

Eventually Getting Down to Looking At Revit


100304_revit2010

Obviously I've had on-and-off contact with Revit, Revit Users and Revit Design Data, mostly through the avenue of having to convert or otherwise translate Revit information to AutoCAD or Microstation readable formats.

Well, I might as well learn to the use it; I have time while I'm not working and I have free online video tutorials and I have a 30 day trial of the most recent incarnation of the software.

Autodesk seems to be in the process of winding its support down for its Architecture product and pushing existing users to the Revit, Revit Structural and Revit whatever and it makes sense to get familiar with it, at least to the extent I'm familiar with Architecture, Architectural Desktop et al. I'll have to admit now that I'm not really conversant with any of the versions passed 2006, but I did have a pretty thorough and current knowledge up to that point having used it for a number of years previously.

I was a bit hesitant in getting into Revit because I knew the program was young in its development life and had functionality issues guaranteed to raise the ire of Architects. I'll admit my biases that I've always felt that Architects need very little reason to decry technology as "depriving them of the artistic and creative ability" rather than allowing them more creative freedom.

But I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment