Sunday, February 21, 2010

Navisworks and Revit

I already have a fairly good grasp of Navisworks and Revit, but then again I've never had formal classroom instruction and I've never really worked alongside somebody who I'd considered a power user of either of the software packages.

How then to tell if my methods of working are efficient, logical or even correct? If only I had a series of video lessons to instruct me in the many and varied features available?

Hey.

The aforementioned Cad Learning has literally hundreds if videos on the subjects. Cool.

I've download all of the datasets and all of the trial versions of the software and I'm going through every single video step by step and examining every discrepancy between how Cad Learning's professionals use the software and how I'd been using the software up until this point.

And the conclusion, well [shrug], I meant to fall off my bike.

Actually much of the method of working has been vindicated and I've learned a good number of new tricks, so chalk up another benefit from winning that pesky Top Daug thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment