Sunday, March 7, 2010

V8i Essentials - 01 - Working with Microstation (1:27)

100306_V8i_Essential_01


Module Overview
This module will help a new MicroStation user become familiar with the tools and features found in the MicroStation design environment.

Module Prerequisites
  • Fundamental knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system

Module Objectives
After completing this module, you will be able to:
  • Identify features in the MicroStation's interface
  • Use basic mouse functions with MicroStation
  • Create new files and open existing files
  • Save file settings
  • End a Micrstation session


I seem to have inconveniently misplaced the datasets and hardcopy of the instructions for the course but I don't think they are necessary for re-watching the videos. As I recall, the instructor goes through all of the commands and features quite slowly and I think I can pretty much find any existing dgn, or quickly knock up a new dgn to work on.

I'll say again regarding the MicroStation interface, c'mon guys hurry up and catch up with context sensitive ribbon panels, I know you love your modeless dialogs but they're filling up my entire screen. (And obviously I'm too cheap to buy a second monitor).

No comments:

Post a Comment